Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: Sales Manager
Our telemarketer will assist our sales manager in generating user car dealership leads in order to finalize sales. The role of the telemarketer is to land quality calls with potential customers, maintain list of used car dealers to contact, report any complaints or issues to their manager and have an overall good customer service ethic.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase our software service.
- Contact businesses by telephone in order to solicit sales for our software services.
- Explain products or services and answer questions from customers.
- Obtain customer information such as contact information and type of dealership.
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted in our internal system.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from external references.
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements or referrals.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
- Maintain records of contacts and accounts in our internal system.
- Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with prospective customers or for customers to perform the sales pitch.
- Generate between 2 and 15 sales leads per week.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Refer customer complaints to supervisor for quality control.
- Communicate respectfully and politely with potential customers at all times.
- Preferred experience in sales and/or cold calling; not required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Results Driven
- Time Management
- Telephone Sales
- Customer Service
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Prospecting Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Handles Rejection
- Product Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Preferred work experience in sales, marketing, promotions or telemarketing (not required).
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
- Proficient in English; bilingual speaking a plus.
- Proven experience as telemarketer or similar sales/customer service role.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quotas preferably over the phone.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in negotiation and dealing with complaints.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Computer provided
HOURS / SHIFTS: To Be Discussed (Hourly)
RATE: To Be Discussed (Hourly)